Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Deerly Beloved: Remembering Our Wedding

I spent quite a long time planning our wedding, and while I had the most amazing time, it was only one day of an entire life. Of course, it was an extremely special day, and its a day I don't want to forget anytime soon. I will always have the memories, but just in case I ever need anything a little more concrete to remind me of the promise Mr Elk and I made, I've scattered a few reminders around our home.

1 Pictures
 I truly love the amazing job our photographers, Amy and Anthony of Ruby Star Photography, did at our wedding. While I haven't decided what photo(s) I want hanging in our home quite yet (if you have a favorite that you think is hang worthy, please let me know! I truly can't decide!), I did quickly put together an album on MyPublisher.com to have.  Our photography contract gave us full use of our photos, and we did plan originally on ordering an album through them. But I am a total control freak, and I am quite particular about photo album layouts (I really like clean, simple designs). Plus, we didn't have the dough to shell out 500+ dollars for the album I really wanted through our photog- a flush mount album. So for now, I decided to make a nice album through MyPublisher- which allows you to fully design the layout, has lay flat fairly thick paper, and allows for panorama shots. Photobucket Here is one of the panorama shots, and I put the remote in there just so you can see the book is pretty big! Photobucket

2. Marriage Poster
 My brother and his girlfriend were so nice in not only creating our marriage poster, but they also had it framed for us as a wedding gift! I love how it turned out, and it is currently sitting above our fireplace!

Photobucket

3. Broken Glass
Mr Elk took his sweet, sweet, time making sure he REALLY broke the glass during our ceremony: Photobucket
We saved the glass shards (we used a special colored glass from a Judaica store), and I bought a small container from Michael's so that we could keep the shards and always remember the last time Mr Elk put his foot down (hehe...at least thats my take on it!)
Photobucket
4. Milk Glass
Hive, I spent MONTHS scouring thrift shops searching for the perfect milk glass to adorn our tables during our reception. I really loved the look we accomplished- it ended up feeling so homey and special!
Photobucket
I really wanted our guests to take home arrangements, milk glass and all if they so desired. But in the end, there was plenty left, and so I have a few special pieces scattered around the house just as small reminders of the beauty of our day. This currently sits on my bedside table:
Photobucket
5. Rings
 Of course, I can't forget the fact that I get to wear some gorgeous bling every day, and Mr Elk seems to like his simple ring as well! Everytime I catch a glimpse of Mr Elk's ring on his finger, I get a tiny feeling of first confusion (it is still really weird!), and then happiness. Photobucket
 6. Mr Elk
While I didn't scatter pieces of Mr Elk around the house (serial killer, much?), being able to call him my husband is a strange thing that reminds me on a daily basis how much our relationship has changed, and just how special it is. While we were living together prior to the wedding, and a lot of things feel the same, it is also very clear that things are different. We were united in front of our families. I have taken his last name. We have joint bank accounts. Things just feel more solid, real, and unchanging for the future.

What have you done to remember your special day and the promises you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment