Sunday, September 9, 2012

Deerly Beloved: My Secret To A Successful Evening

AKA how I kept my feet from ruining my wedding.

Hive, I know I let you know my plan for my wedding shoes a long time ago, but I figured I'd give you a recap and a play by play on how things went the day of just as an FYI!

So, you've already seen a picture of my official wedding shoes, but just to remind you here they are (Badgley Mischka Randee).  Photobucket Photobucket
 I had been obsessed with these shoes for at least 2 years leading up to the wedding, so I knew from the getgo they were my wedding shoes! Problem is I NEVER wear heels. I knew my feet wouldn't make it through photos, the ceremony, walking around during cocktail hour, and dancing at our reception in 4.5 inch heels! At the same time, I didn't want to change into flats and all of a sudden lose those extra inches/have my dress be way too long on me! My solution was platform flip-flops, which you can see me wearing here: Photobucket Hive, I do not exaggerate even the slightest when I say these were the best investment I made for the wedding.  I decided to wear my beloved Randee's for key moments of the wedding/moments I thought they would potentially be most visible.  That boiled down to 1) getting dressed 2) the first look 3) the ceremony 4) the first dance/hora (I was worried sitting on a chair my dress would be raised and my shoes would be visible).  For the remainder of the wedding (including family photos, bridal portraits on the beach, cocktail hour, and the rest of the reception) I wore those heinous platform flip flops.

And despite the fact that I don't love how they look, they were seriously a godsend!  Most formal events I attend, my feet start killing me barely an hour into dancing.  The night of the wedding, though, I was as comfy as a peach! And that,  my dearest hive, is truly all I ever wanted!  I got my beautiful Randee cake, and got to eat it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment