Saturday, September 1, 2012

Deerly Beloved: Cake Time

Our cake had been staring me in the face all night, and after missing out on all of the food during cocktail hour (too busy talking), as well as all 3 courses of dinner (again, too busy talking!), I was READY for cake!  I was so ready, in fact, that I went searching for our Maitre'D to get to cutting before it was actually time!

All photos by Ruby Star Photography
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
And hive, the cake was pretty delicious!  After we cut the cake and fed each other a piece, I kept eating that piece while I was standing there!  It was that good (and I was that hungry!).
 
While there are a lot of adorable pictures from our cake cutting, those three are the only ones I actually like. Why you may ask? Well... a certain thing called "Mrs Elk's Fake Hair" decided to make an unwanted appearance near the end of the evening. Therefore, almost every picture of me taken from my left side (aka every pic from the cake cutting)  is plagued with a very obvious band of velcro which announces "hey, this hair..totally fake!"  And now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it!Photobucket    Do you see it? How bout in this adorable "frosting on the nose" shot?Photobucket     or how bout in this ever flattering "Mrs Elk PIGS OUT while her arms flail like a T-Rex" shotPhotobucket Obviously the velcro hair piece is not the end of the world, but it is enough to make me wary of using these otherwise adorable photos for anything (other than obviously share them with the hive- I wouldn't hold back from you guys!)

Photobucket
Miss a moment? Catch up here:
  1. The Elks part ways with their pooch, and eat WAY too much rainbow cookie cake
  2. Mrs. Elk beautifies with her ladies after a less than stellar wake up call
  3. Mrs. Elk REALLY wants to put her dress on already!
  4. The Elks—Reunited and it feels so good!
  5. The Elk bridal party poses, while Mrs. Elk makes Tyra Banks proud
  6. The Elks strike a pose with their families
  7. Disaster strikes—and is resolved without me ever knowing!
  8. The Elks learn the importance of a quick rehearsal
  9. The Elks follow the yellow brick road gray slate aisle
  10. The Elks get eaten alive, oh and the ceremony begins!
  11. The Elks say I do (after a quick fit of giggles)
  12. So many details!
  13. The Elks sway like grade-schoolers
  14. The Elks get lifted in chairs and listen to a few kind and funny words
  15. Mrs. Elk and Papa Elk dance
  16. The Elks let loose!  
  17. The Elks sneak away to take some amazing shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment