Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Deerly Beloved: I'll Carry You Home Tonight

Hive, our wedding was fast coming to an end, despite the fact that everyone still seemed to be out on the dance floor having a good time!  Before I knew it, though, our fateful last song was being played.  I hadn't really thought about what song we should end our evening with, but at dinner time DJ Corey came over to ask, and I gave him the first song that came to mind, which happens to be the same song we ended my bachelorette party with.

And this is the exact moment that Mr Elk realized just what song I had requested as our grand finale:

All photos by Ruby Star Photography
Photobucket      If you haven't already guessed, it was We Are Young, by Fun.  And if you can't tell, Mr Elk isn't really a huge fan of the song thanks in large part to me playing it on repeat in the months leading up to the wedding. Whoops!

Anyhoo, I took the opportunity to serenade my new hubby (and apparently I decided to look pretty curvaceous! In real life I in fact have no butt, so I'm a little enthralled with my bubble in this photo!):
Photobucket     I'm sure Mr Elk LOVED my singing- I mean, I am classically trained (and by classically trained I mean I sing off key in the shower a lot!).   During my singing, a circle had formed around us (probably our guests' attempts at standing as far away from my terrible singing as possible without offending me).Photobucket Photobucket    We decided to join the circle at some point, and got a little chorus line action going: Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket   And then, as the song sang for the last time "I'll carry you home", I hopped up and down until Mr Elk realized what I wanted- obviously I wanted him to carry me home- but picking me up would do!Photobucket  And that, hive, is the last photo taken at our wedding! I love how excited best man L looks.

Hive, I know most people think their wedding was awesome, but our wedding really was awesome! Mr Elk and I had such a great time!  We are so lucky to have such amazing friends and family who all wanted to be a part of our day and who made it special.  I can't believe its over, but thank you for letting me relive it, and thank you for wanting to be a part of it all!

And don't worry, I may have shared all the festivities of our day with you, but I have a few more things to share before I officially say goodbye.


Miss a moment? Catch up here:
  1. The Elks part ways with their pooch, and eat WAY too much rainbow cookie cake
  2. Mrs. Elk beautifies with her ladies after a less than stellar wake up call
  3. Mrs. Elk REALLY wants to put her dress on already!
  4. The Elks-Reunited and it feels so good!
  5. The Elk bridal party poses, while Mrs. Elk makes Tyra Banks proud
  6. The Elks strike a pose with their families
  7. Disaster strikes-and is resolved without me ever knowing!
  8. The Elks learn the importance of a quick rehearsal
  9. The Elks follow the yellow brick road gray slate aisle
  10. The Elks get eaten alive, oh and the ceremony begins!
  11. The Elks say I do (after a quick fit of giggles)
  12. So many details!
  13. The Elks sway like grade-schoolers
  14. The Elks get lifted in chairs and listen to a few kind and funny words
  15. Mrs. Elk and Papa Elk dance
  16. The Elks let loose!
  17. The Elks sneak away to take some amazing shots!
  18.  The Elks eat some cake

No comments:

Post a Comment