Thursday, August 23, 2012

Deerly Beloved: Dancing with my Daddy

Yes, I did indeed just say "daddy", and I'm not even slightly embarrassed.  That is because I am truly a daddy's girl, and so I was very excited when it was time for us to share a dance.

All photos by Ruby Star Photography
Photobucket
We chose to dance to Bill Joel's Lullaby for a couple of reasons.  You see, growing up on Long Island, Billy Joel was sort of a big deal.  My dad bought a few Billy Joel cassettes when I was about 7 years old, and they quickly became our favorite driving tunes.  My dad, brother, and I would sing at the top of our lungs, all while my mom, who initially liked Billy Joel, was getting sick of his songs rather quickly.  It got to the point where my mom would refuse to ride in the car with us if we even mentioned the possibility of putting on some of Billy's songs.
Photobucket
And so it sort of became a running joke in our family that we had ruined Billy Joel for my mom.  So when Papa Elk and I were discussing a song to dance to, and we both agreed that Billy Joel had meaning, we also sort of wanted to see how Mama Elk would react (aka we wanted to annoy her)!  Of course, she reacted just as anticipated- "please god, not Billy Joel AGAIN!" (despite the fact that it has been almost 20 years since we were listening to him nonstop).  The perfect reaction to a dance with my daddy!

Photobucket
Miss a moment? Catch up here:
  1. The Elks part ways with their pooch, and eat WAY too much rainbow cookie cake
  2. Mrs Elk beautifies with her ladies after a less than stellar wake up call
  3. Mrs Elk REALLY wants to put her dress on already!
  4. The Elks- Reunited and it feels so good!
  5. The Elk bridal party poses, while Mrs Elk makes Tyra Banks proud
  6. The Elks strike a pose with their families
  7. Disaster strikes- and is resolved without me ever knowing!
  8. The Elks learn the importance of a quick rehearsal
  9. The Elks follow the yellow brick road grey slate aisle
  10. The Elks get eaten alive, oh and the ceremony begins!
  11. The Elks say I do (after a quick fit of giggles)
  12. So many details!
  13. The Elks sway like grade-schoolers
  14. The Elks get lifted in chairs and listen to a few kind and funny words

No comments:

Post a Comment